If you’re from Garberville, CA or planning to visit the area, you simply have to take advantage of all of its enriching attractions and activities. At Avenue Of The Giants, we know exactly where you need to go to enjoy your vacation to its fullest! Top family attractions in and around the area include:
• Humboldt Redwoods State Park and the Avenue of the Giants – This is the largest and most impressive stand of ancient giant redwoods in California. Camp, fish, swim, and hike on the grounds!
• Rockefeller Forest – Enjoy 10, 000 acres of forest trails. It boasts the 8th, 6th, 4th, and 2nd tallest trees, as well as the Dyerville Giant, also known as the “Champion Coast Redwood,” measured to be 370 feet tall.
• Shrine Drive Thru Tree and Tree Houses – Drive through a natural opening of a living giant redwood tree and explore two-story tree houses. If this doesn’t make you feel the enormity of these trees, nothing else will!
• Trees of Mystery – Experience a bird’s eye view of the redwood forests by hitching a ride on the Trees of Mystery Sky Trail! The Sky Trail takes you on a tour through the canopy of the redwood forest.
• Briceland Vineyards – Take advantage of local Humboldt wine tastings and vineyard tours.
• The Chandelier Drive-Thru Tree – Drive through the amazing ancient, living specimen of redwood tree. 200 acre park, gift shop, picnic area and clean rest rooms.
• One Log House – See a unique house inside a 2100 year old redwood log! Plus espresso, deli sandwiches, ice cream, redwood gift shop and picnic area.
• Chapman’s Gem & Mineral Shop & Museum – Visit this impressive 7500 square foot showroom of beautiful stones from around the world. Crystals, fossils, minerals, carvings, jewelry, stones, shells, beads, books and so much more.
• Korbly Wood Products – Offering a large selection of redwood slabs, bases, carvings, boxes, chests, furniture and we ship anywhere on Earth!
• Dias Artistries & Burl Wood Outlet – Open woodworking studio and redwood burl gallery.
• The Stonery – Gold mining equipment, kids mining kits, watches and more
• Spirit Art Glass – Your source for fine handblown glass collected worldwide. Gallery presents finished glasswork and other fine handcrafted artwork.
• Lost Coast Adventure Tours – Hidden gems and back roads of this Northern California Treasure. Shuttle service to and from the Lost Coast trails. Also specializing in guided day and overnight hikes.
Garberville, CA is a great bustling little town with lots of local restaurants, lodging, and shops to enjoy. If you’d like to make a day trip to another town and experience other attractions, there are three nearby:
• Scotia – This is one of the last company-owned towns in California and is home to the Historic Logging Museum.
• Shelter Cove – Surrounded by beaches and mountains, Shelter Cove is perfect for beach lazing, ocean fishing, and mountain hiking. It also offers an airport, golf courses, fine dining, and high-end lodging.
• Ferndale – This Victorian village is a photographer’s fantasy and a shopper’s dream. Explore classic architecture, antique stores, and art galleries.
Make use of our insider information and enjoy the most exciting local attractions in and around the Garberville, CA area. Contact Avenue Of The Giants to help you plan and enjoy your next vacation.